Monday, September 22, 2014

September Math Journal Prompts

I absolutely LOVE interactive journals!!!  I am still working on other subject areas, but for now I use them in Math and Science.

Here are some sample pages from my 
September Math Journal Prompts in action:






I have always taught thematically, so the main themes in the September pack are Apples and Farm.  However, about half of them are general prompts (like the dice, ten frame and putting numbers in order).  All of these are based off standards taught early in the year for K students.

If you're interested in using interactive math journals and don't know where to start.. these are perfect!  Each prompt has pictures for your kiddos to work the problem out.  This helps little learners to solve the problem without getting distracted from drawing out pictures, etc..  It also offers a quick assessment for the teacher.

Check them out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment