Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Tour Through Blogland

Hi friends!

I was incredibly honored and excited to get an email from the beautiful and talented Brittany from Lawyer Lookbook.  I was nominated by her to participate in a Tour Through Blogland.  Brittany is a southern lawyer with amazing fashion sense.  I've had a peek into her closet and let's just say.. I'm jealous!  Her blog focus is on being fashionable at work.  So, I hopped on board the tour through blogland to share with you what my blog is all about and give you a peek into the education side of blogging.


1.  What am I working on?

My creative juices come out in so many different ways.. but my focus has been and probably will always be creating lessons for early childhood classrooms.  I recently created a Kindergarten Home School curriculum.  The family seems interested in a 1st grade curriculum as well, so I plan to start that after January and sell it on tpt as well.  I have also been invited to present for SDE in February 2015 in Franklin, TN.  I will be talking about Interactive Journals for Little Learners.  Let me know if you plan to come!


Can you tell I'm excited?!?!?


I also plan to start incorporating more Promethean Board lessons for sale in my tpt store as well.  It's always exciting to teachers to receive a board, but many do not know how to use it or are afraid of it.  Hopefully, that's something I can help with in the near future.

2.  How does my work differ from others in it's genre?

Well, to begin with, it's not very often that a home school child can be exposed to some of the same things a child in a classroom setting is exposed too.  I can help with that!  I am a classroom teacher (currently at home) planning lessons to help families who want to home school.  I have also continued planning lessons that can be used in the classroom, but there aren't many educators who focus on the home school community.  I like to think that I am helping educate parents on what needs to be taught (in a very small way). 


3.  Why do I write/create what I do?

I have loved following blogs since I began teaching in 2009, but I truly fell in love with blogging when I became a blogger!  One person once asked me on a plane if I was a writer.  I told her no..  Then, she asked me what I was writing down so quickly and I told her I liked to jot down ideas for my blog when I have time or something pops into my head.  After a few minutes she told me I was a writer and that blogging was just a digital platform.  In my mind, I felt more of a children's writer, because I normally like to use a lot of pictures.. haha!  But either way, its the perfect place for me to share my thoughts, ideas, inspiration to the world of educators, stay at home moms and the home school community.  I have always LOVED collaborating with my peers when in the classroom, and blogging allows me to continue doing that virtually!

4.  How does my writing/creating process work?

Well, as I mentioned above, my blogging ideas will come from random moments in time when I see something or do something and decide-- I'm going to blog about that! Or I need to create this because it can benefit other teachers.  So, I have a document on my computer with tons of "ideas", that is ever-growing and will never get finished, of things to create.  I also write things down in my Erin Condren planner or on sticky notes (my desk is never neat).  

 Creative minds
This is me...  which is why I write EVERYTHING down!

Now, I would love for you to meet the two lovely bloggers I am nominating!!


Kimberly from Loving Kinders


Tootles, I am Kimberly from Loving Kinders.  I am a teacher, blogger, mommy, educator, and TPT seller.  I have been teaching kindergarten for 7 years and I love every aspect of it.  May it be the runny noses, untied shoes, disheveled hair and breath, OR being called mommy, unconditional love and hugs, teaching the foundational aspects of literacy and math, and my most precious LOVE watching a child read their first book!

I have three extraordinary children ALL over the kinder-age but they still may pop up on my blog and Facebook once in a while.  I have an adoring husband who understands that my dedication to education and creating teacher resources may blur the line of obsession and addiction.  Join me on my journey! 


 

Hi, I'm Tiffany from Shoe Laces & Sweet Faces!  I am a wife, K/1 Loop Teacher, educational blogger, and lover of all things super hero!  I graduated from Lesley University with a B.S. in global Studies & Elementary Education and earned my M.A in Teaching from Sacred Heart University.  I am certified in elementary education as well as TESOL in both CT and MA.  I am currently in my 4th contracted year having worked 1 as a K-6 Writing Teacher, 2 in Kindergarten and my current year as a 1st grade teacher.  There is nothing more satisfying than stepping into my classroom each and every day.  Through my blog, I hope to share my own ideas about integrating the arts in academics as well as inspire other teachers to take on more leadership opportunities in their schools.



Thanks for hanging out with me for just a bit.  Be sure to check out these gals and follow them through the tour through blog land!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog love! :-)
    Wow!! I loved reading this!! You have so many amazing things going on and I can't wait to follow along to see how everything pans out! I know I've said it before, but, you are SO talented and I love seeing your creations. Keep up the great work!!

    Brittany,
    www.lawyerlookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, thanks for featuring me in your post! I am so excited to feature the lovely bloggers I came across!

    I can't wait to hear all about your presentation in February! Best of luck with all of the preparations!

    :)

    Tiffany
    Shoe Laces & Sweet Faces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I'm excited you joined the blogging world. I love keeping up with people that way. Especially if you live far away and I rarely see ya. :) Who knows, maybe that will change one day?!?! haha!

      Delete