Thursday, October 30, 2014

Working with Teachers

This week I had the privileged to go into a few different teacher's classrooms and do a sample lesson with the Promethean Board.

I have not been trained by the company, but had a board in my own classroom for a little over 3 years.  I definitely DON'T know everything about these boards, but I truly enjoy creating engaging lesson plans and have a love for the school (MTCS)!


One of the lessons I did was for the Kindergarten teachers.  I had two classes in the room at once, so I had to keep the lesson short and sweet.

They had been working on Pumpkins and numbers. So, I focused my lesson on comparing numbers.  If you have a Promethean Board and would like to have this flipchart, click the picture below.  Pretty please leave positive feedback if you download it.


I also created a simple assessment so I could check for understanding, but also have a few minutes to talk to each teacher about some of the things I did in my flipchart, as well as answer any questions.



Click the picture below to grab this freebie!


I saw so many awesome things hanging on the walls at MTCS, but here are a few I had to snap a pic of!



Is that not the cutest idea for rules ever?!?!?!?


And the K classroom I was teaching in had this genius idea!
Stick sight words in baseball card page protectors and slide them in their take home folder. Love it!!!


I saw some pretty awesome Pumpkin Projects!


I love seeing KWL's for just about anything!!!


And, this book was just adorable to hear.  Make sure to check it out (especially for teaching bible class or at a Christian School).

Have a wonderful and safe Halloween and Weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. When it comes to the Promethean Board, I'm all self-taught as well (I thought these things only happen where I teach). It's good to know I'm in good company! Happy Halloween to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when I first received my board we had some training.. but just an overview. So, I was mostly self-taught. In many ways, that's the best way to learn anyway :) So, may have been a blessing for both of us! haha

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the freebie. Glad to have promethean since I don't have a smart board.
    Smiles, Jayne
    Smart Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you! I've had a hard time finding resources to teach kinder comparison that didn't use the symbols. This is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete