Sunday, August 17, 2014

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!!

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is one of my all time favorite children's books!!  It's bright, colorful, catchy & perfect for the beginning of the school year.  I especially like to use it as a introduction to the entire alphabet, before we begin focusing on one letter at a time.


Here are some of the activities I did with my kinder kids during this unit in August:

Letter Tracing Practice

Interactive Chicka Chicka Chart 
( I later created a flipchart and used my Promethean Board.)

Fill in the missing letters (You might want to display an alphabet chart for this activity.)

Palm Tree Pattern or Sorting Center/Activity

 Boom Boom Bingo Dotter 
(One page is for 2 dice and one page is for 1 dice. You can determine what your class needs.)

Create your own word or letter find.
(Perfect for morning work or an independent activity.)

A simple, yet important, counting printable.

There are 5 math journal prompts.

An adorable art activity!

We did an experiment with a coconut & recorded our observations in our science journals. #welovescience

These activities, plus so many more, are included in my CCBB unit.
Click the picture to check it out!



As you can see... SJ also has a LOVE for books, but especially Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment